This policy outlines how Homes for Bugs collects, uses, stores and secures personal information. It aims to provide transparency as all persons are entitled to know what data Homes for Bugs collects and uses about them. The policy also outlines the right to grant or deny consent on how we use collected personal details.
How we collect your information.
We collect certain personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example:
- When you enquire about or purchase from Homes for Bugs
- If you sign up to receive information from us (this may be in printed or digital format)
- If you respond to social media posts by Homes for Bugs.
Storage of information.
The information Homes for Bugs collects is kept online and includes Mailchimp (for e-newsletter sign ups), e-mail addresses through 1 and 1 IONIS, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Ecwid which are all password protected.
How we use your personal information.
- To communicate with you
- To process your requests and transactions
- To improve customer service
- To perform marketing activities
- For other purposes related to our business.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We never share personal information with 3rd parties with the exception of the following:
- To comply with applicable law
- Enforce our terms and conditions, eg. with regard to payments
- To protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others
- To protect your vital interests.
Modifying your information – opting in or out
We respect your right to make choices about the way we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You may update or modify your information or change your privacy settings ie what we use your data for; at any time by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at our registered address: 109 Burland Avenue, Claregate, Wolverhampton, WV6 9JF.
You are free to opt out of e-newsletter communications using the unsubscribe option at the bottom of each e-mail sent. Transactional service communications are not subject to the foregoing opt out procedures.
Security of your personal information.
We take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information (including preventing the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal data).
- Our web-site is secured by SSL Encryption.
- Our online shop is hosted by Ecwid – see here
- Our on-stall payments are taken by PayPal – see here
- E-newsletter sign up information is retained on Mailchimp – see here
- E-mail addresses are retained on Microsoft Office which is password protected
- 1 and 1 IONIS – web and email hosting – see here.
However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised 3rd parties will not be able to defeat our security measures.
Updated June 2020